Name

Cool band name: Dodge the Sausage (Steph thought of that one)

1. Posted September 3, 2003 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

something tells me you won’t be a fan of this band.

🙂

2. Posted September 3, 2003 at 7:22 pm | Permalink

Unless their name means something non-obvious, that’s an excellent guess, Paul. 🙂

Posted September 4, 2003 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

Hopefully their is a non-obvious meaning to “Dogde the Sausage”! Where did you come up with that? Is it a vegetarian band?

4. Posted September 4, 2003 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

Steph was getting something out of the fridge, and some sausages in a zip-lock baggie fell out towards her feet. So she dodged them, yelling, “Dodge the sausage!” Then she stood up and said, “Hey, that would be a cool band name.”

There you have it.

Posted September 4, 2003 at 12:44 pm | Permalink

Oh yes, I can certainly visualize that. You guys should keep a record of band names you create(cuz there are quite a few) and then sell them and make lots of money. “Dogde the Sausage” might work for a funky and seasoned band that tours college towns, only uses independent labels, and whose lyics are a social commentary against a consumeristic America. Or perhaps it will be the translation of the next band out of Iceland!!!

Posted September 5, 2003 at 8:36 am | Permalink

As a teacher who has taught junior highers, senior highers, and college students, I can pick up sickening innuendos in almost every phrase known to man.

“Dodge the Sausage” is quite disturbing to me, and if you think I’m gross, you obviously haven’t taught in junior high. 😛

7. amy
    Posted September 10, 2003 at 1:07 pm | Permalink

yes, i think i’ll have to agree with neal. Sick innuendos. And being that i am finishing yet another day of teaching eighth graders, the comment eddie made concerning it being something “seasoned”…well, let’s just say I need to go home now. signing off with seasoned sausage on my mind….
    thanks a lot…