Kool-Aid

I can’t help myself. I’m an Apple keynote addict. I would do most anything to be up-to-date on exactly what’s happening when a Steve-led keynote is taking place. And right now, as I write this, one is happening. I am literally switching between the window where I’m entering this text and the window that is keeping me up to date on what the His Steveness is saying.

The funny thing is that there is no video or audio feed for this keynote. Usually Apple broadcasts the keynote live so people can watch it remotely. No such luck here. It’s taking place in Paris, France at 10am, so it began at 1am Pacific Time.

But that can’t stop me.

I found a chatroom where people were discussing the keynote, some pretending to actually be there until the truth was discovered. Someone pointed out a fairly obscure little page that updated itself automatically every three minutes and contained up-to-date information about what was going on. I’ve been watching text on a webpage update slowly for the last hour and 20 minutes. Yes, I’m that helpless. I’m up past 2am watching text on a website update itself every three minutes.

Do me a favor and head over to Apple.com, just to see what we introduced. Maybe that’ll make me feel better about lost sleep. 🙂

1. Posted September 16, 2003 at 11:03 am | Permalink

Done.

New ‘books, new wireless mice/keyboard. No date for Panther, not much more.

2. Posted September 16, 2003 at 11:05 am | Permalink

True. Not too much to stay up till 1am for I guess (unless I was in the market for a laptop). Maybe that’s why it wasn’t streamed? 🙂

3. Posted September 16, 2003 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

A new laptop? Good grief, man, I thought I was a freak.

4. Posted September 16, 2003 at 7:57 pm | Permalink

You’re assuming I knew what was coming out before I waited up. 🙂

5. Posted September 16, 2003 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

You are insane. And I say that with my utmost love and respect.

Posted September 16, 2003 at 8:44 pm | Permalink

Apple devotion in its finest. (:

7. Posted September 18, 2003 at 6:39 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure what is wrong with me, but I was only slightly interested in what the 15 inch Powerbook looked like and ran like. I have barely touched the PowerMac G5s in my work environment. Once I knew the specs and the correct RAM modules, the only things I am left thirsting for is the chance to take one of these apart.

I think I drank too much Kool-Aid. Whoops. If these symptoms continue, I will need to start working in another part of the company, such as Mowing the Lawn or Shipping and Receiving. Maybe then I will actually want to stay up and see what new products are announced.