Amen, Fortune

And it was so.

Posted December 11, 2003 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would like the FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGS and TWO TOWERS Extended Version DVDs and… an iPod. Thank you for listening. I will be an especially good boy this year.

Love, Eddie Oroyan

ps – if you have to choose between the two, I’ll take the iPod.

2. Posted December 11, 2003 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

I sure as heck hope Santa reads this blog, cuz I can’t get one for ya. Even with a discount they’re beyond my gift budget by a good margin. Too bad, or all my friends would have one.

Posted December 11, 2003 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

Heh, hopefully Santa gives me the money, or puts some money towards one for me. It’s a pity they didn’t make a bit more cash off of the songs they sell: the music companies are still wanting a hefty percentage of it, and maybe Apple would sell those little iPods for a bit cheaper.

4. Posted December 11, 2003 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

I love this line: Apple is almost single-handedly dragging the music industry, kicking and screaming, toward a better future.

That’s so cool. And funny. It’s funny and cool.

5. Posted December 12, 2003 at 7:25 am | Permalink

A friend of mine just got a Rio Karma. 20 GB hard drive based player with USB 2.0 and *ethernet*. It plays mp3’s, ogg, and flac (a lossless compression scheme). I haven’t played with it much but he seems happy with it. Probably the only hard drive based player out there that could actually compete with the iPod. Doesn’t look quite as pristine however. Smaller though.

Doesn’t really matter though, I fit right in with that “too expensive” crowd.

6. Posted December 12, 2003 at 8:13 am | Permalink

That Rio Karma has to be made with the Slashdot crowd in mind. It sounds exactly like the spec they would come up with.

I don’t deny that there are mp3 players out there that are better players in a certain niche than the iPod. It’s just my opinion overall that for the general music lover who isn’t a big geek like you and I are, they’ll probably want an iPod.

And even though I am a big geek, I use one too. And I love it.