FireFox

I know some of you have been Firebird users. Well, they’ve updated and changed the name, just for the heck of it! Check it out.

PS> It’s better than Internet Explorer.

Posted February 9, 2004 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

I love how I can’t seem to get Mozilla to download this new thing. And how they don’t have an updater: you get the whole new thing, screw the old. I’m trying my best to like them over explorer, and it works most of the time… but some stuff!

Posted February 9, 2004 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

It’s official, I’m really not liking the new one. Firebird was a bit slow on opening pics, but Firefox takes forever to open period. I wait a good 10-20 secs for it to open up, and it locked up on me on my first download. Aren’t new versions supposed to get better?

3. Posted February 10, 2004 at 11:17 am | Permalink

The new version rocks! I just wish they hadn’t changed the name. Firefox just doesn’t roll off the tounge as well as Firebird.

Posted February 10, 2004 at 12:36 pm | Permalink

*sigh* I’m still having it be more clunky than Firebird, and I’m not sure WHY I still have to install a flashplayer: I did that for Firebird, you’d think it’d be simple for them to just design it in there.

5. Posted February 10, 2004 at 12:43 pm | Permalink

Well, Neal, I wish I could help you. I think many people feel that FireFox is a fine browser and better than IE (like Ben for instance) but I certainly can’t explain the strangeness you’re encountering. Perhaps you should take a peek over here:

6. Posted February 10, 2004 at 4:56 pm | Permalink

I’m typing this on my very first Mac.

7. Posted February 10, 2004 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

Yeah baby!!!

Posted February 10, 2004 at 5:22 pm | Permalink

Mac Fanboys! Auuuuggggh! Kevin’s already steering conversation to Macs for his own nefarious purposes! I KNEW Apple was a part of a worldwide conspiracy, and here’s the proof.

Firefox is running better today, though it still has problems with getting graphics up as fast as explorer, just like Firebird did. Though I do like the tab feature at times.

Still, the plugin thing is still confusing to me. They have a flash download for Firebird and Firefox users all set up, so why not design the program with it in there? Most confusing!

9. Posted February 10, 2004 at 7:47 pm | Permalink