Green

I’m just playing around with colors, and I thought I’d see what this blog looked like with lots of green. The nice thing is that this change took me about 30 seconds to make. I love that. It would take me about 10 seconds to put it back.

I’m considering where I might be able to go with this and what kinds of color schemes I’ve left myself open to. It’s exciting!

1. Posted September 6, 2004 at 9:28 am | Permalink

I didn’t see the green until I refreshed my screen a couple of times, Mr. Citrus.

2. Posted September 6, 2004 at 6:30 pm | Permalink

Steph: In my experience Safari sometime has overzealous caching, especially when it’s been open for a long time without a restart.

Josh: Why not make a few styles and let us choose which one we like. (Something I’d like to do with a blog redesign of my own).

3. Posted September 6, 2004 at 10:34 pm | Permalink

I agree, the ability to choose styles would be much cooler. But it would require me to design all those styles and implement the switcher and probably some kind of cookie system, and I haven’t even finished the basic parts of my current design yet. I mean, look at how horribly ugly the archive pages are for the individual entries! They don’t even match the rest of the site.

4. POP
    Posted September 8, 2004 at 5:52 am | Permalink

Hey, how about Green and Gold for us……heh, heh, heh…….NFL fans!

5. Posted September 8, 2004 at 9:19 pm | Permalink

Yeah! Gold and PURPLE!! Go VIKES!!! Oh…did I just side with a professional sports team of some kind??? Strange.

Posted September 9, 2004 at 8:49 am | Permalink

Ugh. No solid colors though. It’s rather boring, and the current green is making me queasy.

7. Posted September 9, 2004 at 8:13 pm | Permalink

I like the green. I like it better than the orange stripes. But i don’t like the fact that you don’t have any archive links, or links in general on your blog – why’d you take those down?

8. Posted September 9, 2004 at 8:14 pm | Permalink

I took them down because I didn’t have time to make them work the way I wanted. I’m hoping to have them back up in the next couple weeks.

9. Posted September 10, 2004 at 10:56 am | Permalink

I like the green. But I think I heard somewhere that it’s not easy being green. You might want to keep that in mind.

Posted September 12, 2004 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Woah. The green is completely different looking on this monitor. On the other one, it was kind of pukish green, but this is a bit more normal. I still say solid colors aren’t the way to go, but at least the color is no tolerable on this monitor.

Oh, and I still get occasional glitches where the border either makes a line across the text part of the page, or takes a chunk out of the side, fyi.

11. Posted September 12, 2004 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Yeah, that’s a bug in IE 6. It’s a bummer, but there’s almost nothing I can do about it. IE just doesn’t finish drawing the page for some reason.

How that browser ever got to be the most popular one on the planet is beyond… oh wait… Microsoft.

12. mackenzie
    Posted September 13, 2004 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

hey josh hows it goin?? i was lookin 4 pbccjh site and i found this site how randoom i thought it was quite amusing well i thought id just say hi and that i rather like the green tell steph i said hi cya on sunday bibi