HAL 9000 on eBay

I can’t think of any single movie prop I would rather own than HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey, and he’s now up on eBay. Pretty tempting. Now if I could just scrape together a current minimum of $150K (sure to be higher soon), I could put my bid in!

What movie prop would you most love to own?

1. Posted September 21, 2004 at 8:34 am | Permalink

A light saber. Totally a light saber. A pink one.

2. Posted September 22, 2004 at 6:19 pm | Permalink

Stanley’s mop from UHF. Not the new mop (which is a pretty good mop, but not as good as his first mop), but the mop taken away early and valiantly recovered at the end.

3. POP
    Posted September 22, 2004 at 9:21 pm | Permalink

I know one you might want more: the funky old car in the Muppet Movie. Is that the title? You know the one in which they travel to Hollywood.

POP

Posted September 24, 2004 at 9:58 am | Permalink

Hmmmm, should I bring body armor along with when I come visit down there? I’m beginning to fear for my personal safety with you two.

Posted September 24, 2004 at 9:59 am | Permalink

Ummmmm, delete the above: somehow I was commenting on something in my blog, and it morphed into yours? Didn’t think I hit comments on here, but I did. How funnay.

Posted September 30, 2004 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Conan the Barbarian’s sword. I always thought that was a cool sword. Sting is a pretty sword too. If they had a real version of Liono’s sword from Thundercat’s I wouldn’t mind that. I also think it’d be cool to have the Mad Max car. And I would like to have the pump from Austin Powers. Ha! Just Kidding!

I think the best sword from a movie would be Indigo Montoya’s(sp?… “Hallo!! My name is Indigo Montoya. You kill my father. Prepare to die.”