Skate or Die

Skate or Die!Last night my youth group did a game called “Do Ducks Have Lips”, wherein all the youth leaders who participated dressed up in disguises and walked around a busy mall. The kids then tried to find the leaders. They knew they had found a leader when they asked them, “Do ducks have lips?” and the person responded, “No, do snakes have hips?” Then the leader would initial a card the kids were carrying and the kids would move on.

This was my disguise. I also had super-sag pants. It was awesome. I just needed a wallet chain.

Posted February 19, 2005 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

WOW! That picture is SO badass! The photographer is really good!

2. POP
    Posted February 20, 2005 at 1:59 pm | Permalink

Just goes to prove, “Bald IS beautiful.”

Sheeeesh!

POP

3. Posted February 20, 2005 at 8:58 pm | Permalink

Great, a game that teaches kids to approach shady-looking strangers in malls. Nice.

4. Cuz m1a20 in MN
    Posted February 21, 2005 at 9:42 am | Permalink

i love the make-up job (i am hoping anyhow). otherwise you need time away from the computer 😉

5. Posted February 21, 2005 at 10:37 am | Permalink

Thanks Cuz. 🙂 Yes, that’s definitely makeup. And a wig too, of course. Well, the soul patch is real, but it’s been severely darkened along w/ my eyebrows to match the goth-ish look of the whole thing.

6. Aimee
    Posted March 2, 2005 at 11:16 am | Permalink

How many of the kids recognized you?

7. Posted March 2, 2005 at 2:46 pm | Permalink

It’s debatable. I had three groups of people discover me. The first group discovered me before the game began, but I consider it to be legitimate. The other two groups discovered me when another leader playing the game came over and started talking to me. It’s my theory that they recognized him, and then looked more closely at who he was talking to, but there’s no way to prove that. 🙂