Four is better!

I’ve been drinking a lot of Pepsi. Please take only one iTunes code, and leave the others for the next few hapless netizens.

Let’s see some mini-reviews!

1. Posted March 2, 2005 at 2:01 pm | Permalink

When you tell us which song you got, tell us which code you used too, OK?

Code 1: XSHMOZTTRZ
    Code 2: I7OXTLHT7H
    Code 3: RPHFBR64GE
    Code 4: T4QPJOSCPI

Once again, “O” could be the letter or the number. I don’t know.

2. Posted March 2, 2005 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

I took code 1. I bought Teenage Fanclub’s Alcholiday off the album Bandwagonesque. Teenage Fanclub is a band that has been around forever (well at least as I have really been easy to music). This is a good little down tempo ditty about what else, girls. It has a fun 90’s alternative vibe to it, a lot like the lemonheads.

3. abby
    Posted March 2, 2005 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

I used code #4 and bought Kung Fu Fighting. You know, the one the Gecco dances to in the comercials. I love that song!

4. Posted March 2, 2005 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

I used code #3 and snagged a Rogue Wave cover of U2’s “Seconds”. I’m a sucker for U2 covers.

5. Posted March 2, 2005 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

I redeemed the 2nd code, I got a colaboration between Chris Thile and Mike Marshall doing “J.S. Bach The Goldberg Varitions, Var. No. 1. The song is a beautiful interplay with 2 Mandolins (imagine how fast their fingers are moving.) I am just glad that I finally got one, yeah.

6. Posted March 2, 2005 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

Excellent work guys! This just brings to mind what Rob from High Fidelity said, “…what really matters is what you like, not what you are like.” Your choices have revealed a lot about each of you.

😉

Posted March 2, 2005 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

Ummmmm, dang people. I checked this blog this bloody afternoon, and there was nothing new. I come back about 5 hours later, and all 4 stinking codes are gone. You guys all=teh suck.

8. Posted March 2, 2005 at 5:33 pm | Permalink

Nooo!!!!!1 7h3y R a11 teh w1n! Hahahaha LOL 😉

9. Posted March 2, 2005 at 7:44 pm | Permalink

d0r7!!!!!!!!!1

10. Posted March 3, 2005 at 8:54 am | Permalink

Since we are talking about pepsi/itunes, how many of you cheat and pick a winner before you buy it by tipping the bottle? I have been doing since the first contest. I felt bad during the last contest but once I heard the numbers about how many songs are actually claimed I have no problem doing it now. I think I have redeemed 8 or so now. Sierra mist is by far the easiest.

Do you cheat?

Posted March 3, 2005 at 11:00 am | Permalink

I should… I don’t usually buy Pepsi stuff, and I’ve bought three with no reward. Grrrrrr. Kind of depends on if an employee is watching or not, hehe.

12. Posted March 3, 2005 at 11:02 am | Permalink

I do. For you guys, I’ll cheat one for the team.

Neal, watch out for those convex mirrors up in the corner of the store and at the ends of aisles. Those will give you away every time.

13. Posted March 3, 2005 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

I do it in front of employees. They don’t seem to care. My friends and I will do it in the Target checkout lines and no one bats an eye. Targ still sells their product.

14. Posted March 7, 2005 at 6:05 am | Permalink

I do it. Though I’ve never had the guts to do it at the front of the store in front of the cashiers (where Target & the grocery stores have their 20 ouncers). I usually snag a few and wander to a less crowded section of the store, then return to replace the losers and buy the winners. How dorky is that?

Last year Target had a refridgerator section in their food aisle that had 20 ouncers and I’d go hang out there and check them all. It was so much easier I’d usually buy 4 or 5 at a time.

Pepsi and music. I’m powerless against them!

15. Posted March 7, 2005 at 6:49 am | Permalink

I used to be like you Kevin but now I just do it in the front of the store. Last night I picked two winners. I am getting pretty good now that it took about 7-8 seconds to check 3 bottles. Maybe SuprTarg just doesn’t notice in that amount of time.

16. sam
    Posted March 9, 2005 at 5:06 pm | Permalink

give me an itunes code please!!!!! yours truly, joe, bob john