Cold Stone Creamery Experiment

Awhile back Steph wrote about an experiment she had in mind involving Cold Stone Creamery and a ridiculous amount of mix-ins on a single scoop of vanilla.

We filmed it. I edited it. I’ve posted it. You can watch it.

1. Posted April 30, 2005 at 6:28 pm | Permalink

Something happened and I wasn’t able to watch beyond the display of the tip, but what I saw so far was very well-done, very entertaining, and very interesting. You finally assuaged my nearly endless wondering over what this marvelous monstrosity actually looked like. And I was particularly impressed with the use of “Candy Man.”

Ever since reading Steph’s original post, I think about you guys and the experiment every time I walk past Coldstone at Mall of America.

2. Posted April 30, 2005 at 6:32 pm | Permalink

Glad you liked it, Mike!

In case anyone wants to try downloading the thing directly, you can do so by right-clicking (or control-clicking on a Mac) on this link and saving the resulting .mov file. That’s a QuickTime file, and you can play it whenever you like without using my bandwidth! Yay!

It’s possible the web server is having problems with my file, but I don’t know. I’m no video expert, that’s for sure. Anything over 10 MB is new, risky territory as far as I’m concerned. 🙂

Posted April 30, 2005 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Wow, what is that? Like a 5-6 month turnaround time? HOW do you even get web devving jobs with a speed of creation like that? :p

They actually did a great job mixing it together and had some nice presentation there at the end. Nice use of whipped cream. LOL, and Josh, you are such a big geek, running along behind the group with the camera, lol.

4. Joe Howard
    Posted May 1, 2005 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

All I can say is that I’ve never seen Josh drive that fast before. WOW

Posted May 6, 2005 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

I’m totally impressed that they ate it all! And without puking, at that! Although, Camille looked awfully close. The editing was great, but I felt like it needed more closure, like with Sinatra’s “My Way” or Queen’s “Under Pressure”.

6. Posted May 6, 2005 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Ooo, dang, Under Pressure would’ve been awesome.

7. Carrie
    Posted May 9, 2005 at 2:11 pm | Permalink

Ahhh, yes, “The Candy Man” tune forced laughter to echo down the hallways…so. much. fun.