I’ve been learning some valuable post-college lessons in the last few months. Some of this stuff may seem obvious to some of you, but my personality has resisted learning a few of these until recently. I’d be really interested to hear what other post-college lessons the graduates among you have learned. Here are mine:
- Be prepared to accept short nights on weeknights.
- Get 8 or 9 hours of sleep every night. Try not to make exceptions to that.
- Take joy in your work. Get into it.
- Don’t take your job too seriously.
- Have a couple hobbies that remind you who you are.