Californian Wimp

Well, it has happened. I’m officially a Californian Wimp now. I just went across the street to get a soda at the little store there (which I call the “Food Museum”, but that’s another entry), and on my way back home I was struck at how incredibly freezing cold it was outside.

When I got back inside, I reveled in the comfy warmth, and looked at the temperature outside. I was certain it was absolutely freezing cold.

It was 42 degrees outside.

I’ve been used to dealing with zero degrees in mid-January in Minnesota. Heck, -20. Why not? Apparently it takes about five years for that tough outer layer of cold resistance to wear off completely once it’s no longer being used.

1. Posted January 12, 2007 at 5:50 am | Permalink

Wow, I might have to start calling you by various girls names like the Dr Cox character does to JD on Scrubs. It is currently 8 degrees out in MN and I contemplated whether or not I should wear a stocking hat because I didn’t want to get too warm.

2. Posted January 12, 2007 at 6:00 am | Permalink

In the midst of the warmest winter ever in Connecticut (it hit 72 in parts of CT last week), I was shivering walking downtown in 33 degrees. I too am quickly becoming wussified.

3. Posted January 12, 2007 at 6:51 am | Permalink

(in my best Nelson voice): Ha-ha!

4. POP
    Posted January 12, 2007 at 7:34 pm | Permalink

I remember when I was a kid, it was so cold that………………………………… ……………………………………………. …………………………………………. …………………………… ……………………………. ………………………….. …………………… ………………………………………………. …………………………., and that was uphill BOTH ways!

“Food Museum” that’s a good one. I remember buying some katchup there one day and it was the consistency of tomato paste.

5. Andy
    Posted January 16, 2007 at 6:11 pm | Permalink

ha ha, wait till you go to a cooler winter climate, your first cooler climate winter will be an interesting experience. We are expecting some fun freezing rain tomorrow night in the ATL.

6. Matt Malette
    Posted February 3, 2007 at 1:49 pm | Permalink

It is now -7, today (2/3).

7. Posted February 5, 2007 at 5:45 am | Permalink

-26 in Lakeville this morning (according to the weather guy, the city is in a depression so the air settles). My freezer doesn’t come anywhere near that. Lucky for me it was only -15 when I rolled into work. Heat wave really.