Daddy Me

I’ve got some very, very exciting news. Stephanie and I are going to have a little Baby Lewis, and it’s due on September 17th.

Exciting, I know! Honestly, I’m very excited in spite of the fact that I’m pretty scared too. I can’t tell you how amazing it has been to see the ultrasounds live and in-person, see my tiny child in there, sucking its thumb, moving its arms and legs, or just sleeping. To see that tiny heartbeat. To see that gigantic cranium. That’s amazing. I got tears in my eyes the first time I put my hand on Steph’s belly and felt it move. That was just a week or two ago. It’s like a little alien in there.

We’re 15+ weeks in right now, so we’re well in to 2nd trimester. That’s good news because miscarriages are much more rare (although not impossible) at this stage of gestation. We feel pretty confident that this one’s a keeper!

We don’t know the gender yet, but I’ll probably keep you all up-to-date on the latest news of the baby as it progresses right here on this blog. I think I’ll have a hard time shutting up about it, honestly.

Yes, we have names picked out. No, we’re not telling you what they are. They’re set in stone, and we’d rather reveal them at launch than pre-announce anything. What kind of Apple employee would I be if I didn’t do it that way? I mean, we’ve gotta build buzz here!

1. Posted March 30, 2007 at 2:53 am | Permalink

Most Wonderful, Super, and Congratulations!

2. Mamalew
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 3:51 am | Permalink

My prayers are answered, Thank you, God!

3. Andy Smith
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 4:09 am | Permalink

That is amazing Josh. Congratulations and God Bless. You will be a great dad, just treat him/her like you did the Junior Highers. Just don’t let him/her be as out of control. Anyhow, that is down the road, I will call you later than 5 AM California time, talk to you soon.

4. Auntie Dana
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 4:46 am | Permalink

What a joyous day!! Congratulations. This calls for hugs all around.

5. jeff
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:11 am | Permalink

Version 2.0! w00t!

6. Auntie Nea
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:11 am | Permalink

WOW! I am thrilled. Wonder of wonder and miracle of miracles! Congratualtions and I will be praying for all of you. Hugs. Nea

7. Erna Lindberg
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:21 am | Permalink

What a wonderful blessing. I am so happy for you and Steph.

8. Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:22 am | Permalink

That’s wonderful news! Congratulations.

9. Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:44 am | Permalink

I’ve been thinking all morning of what to say. Congratulations just doesn’t seem big enough for the joy I feel for you both. Matt and I are so excited and can’t wait to meet him/her. What a fantastic gift! We’ve always said you both will be great parents.

10. Emily
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:55 am | Permalink

Ok, I used to hate the idea of being called Auntie Em. Now… I’m all for it. Bring it on kid!

11. Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:55 am | Permalink

Sweet. Congrats on the news. We’ll be praying for you guys.

And aren’t they like little aliens at this point? Kicking and poking and doing all sorts of weird stuff.

12. Aunt Kate
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:57 am | Permalink

HOORAY!!! I am doing an “end zone” dance for you!! I will keep you in my prayers and of course you will name her Kathleen, right? (gotch ya, just kidding)

13. Jon
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:59 am | Permalink

Thrilled for you!
    As for names, please don’t follow Apple’s lead too closely. I don’t want to be an uncle to an iTodd or iKelly.

14. amy
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 6:01 am | Permalink

I am sooo excited for you two! I am praying! You both will be amazing parents! Don’t doubt it!!! I’m jumping up and down right now in front of my first hour! CONGRATS!

15. Cousins Kaye and Kory
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 6:11 am | Permalink

Wonderful- we are excited for you both, and will keep you in our prayers!!

16. Posted March 30, 2007 at 6:21 am | Permalink

Until the big day arrives can we call the kid Super-Happy-Fun-Time-Gary?

So far beyond excited for you guys!

17. Brian
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 6:54 am | Permalink

Congratulations Josh!! Our babies are going to be born almost the same time. Beth is pregnant and due September 4th, so I know what you are feeling.

18. Posted March 30, 2007 at 6:55 am | Permalink

Congrats dude. I’m always asking people in the tech industry that I consider top notch people why they won’t be having children and they usually respond with something akin to liking their no nonsense easy life. But its by sincere belief that that smart ones NEED to BREED, or else we get presidents like we have today. Again, congrats. Yours will help drive the future for the better i’m sure.

19. POP
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 7:15 am | Permalink

Speechless, grateful, hopeful beyond words

20. Vasantha Liyanage
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 7:24 am | Permalink

Wonderful news. Congratulations!

21. Posted March 30, 2007 at 7:47 am | Permalink

That’s one kid I’m looking forward to meeting… congratulations, Josh and Steph!

22. Steve-oh
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 7:51 am | Permalink

im SOOOO excited for you guys!!! im fairly certain that you will have one of the coolest kids ever created. cant wait to see him/her! i’ll pray for continued good health for steph and the little one.

23. Posted March 30, 2007 at 8:28 am | Permalink

Completely and absolutely ecstatic! I can’t wait. Let me know if you both need anything. Don’t hesitate to ask. Love you and miss you both.

24. Dookie
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 8:46 am | Permalink

A hearty congratulations! What uplifting news!

So, when will we see the little guy or gal’s speculative Mii (obviously combining both your Mii’s, just like real genetics )? I mean, as soon as your kid can pick up stuff, he or she can try bowling!

25. Joe
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 9:56 am | Permalink

What’s with the suspense. Everyone knows that if it’s a boy you’re going to name it Joe, and Jo if it’s a girl.

26. Larissa
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 10:10 am | Permalink

Bravo! Yeah! I am so excited for you three! :)We will be praying for you all.

27. Kyle & Sharon & kids
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Congrats and praise the LORD! We are very excited for both of you. “Children are a heritage from the LORD. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.” God bless you and God bless this child.

28. Sue Swensen (Moberg)
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Congratulations Josh & Steph! I just talked to your dad & he filled me in! We will be praying for a full term baby!

29. Sue Swensen (Moberg)
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 1:37 pm | Permalink

P.S. This is cool…I’ve never seen a blog before! 🙂

30. Posted March 30, 2007 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

Bonus points to Abby for remembering our pretend baby name… It’s good to have friends who pay attention. 🙂

31. Posted March 30, 2007 at 3:33 pm | Permalink

Yeah, but now we can’t trick people by pretending to use it! 😉

32. rog & julie
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 5:59 pm | Permalink

Congrats in a big, big way! How about “Roger”?

33. rog & julie
    Posted March 30, 2007 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

(for Ron and Mary Ellen who are visiting the winter palace) Ron would recommend using Ronald! We’re all excited for you. God bless!

34. miriam
    Posted March 31, 2007 at 7:03 am | Permalink

This is the best news I have heard in a long time! Yay yay yay!!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you just how joyful I am that that the Lewis family is growing! You and Steph are going to be amazing parents! Wow I am just so happy for you. Praise God!

35. Daren
    Posted March 31, 2007 at 7:04 am | Permalink

I can’t understand why you couldn’t hold that in! God bless you guys. (Just think, he or she will be a California native!)

36. Garret
    Posted April 1, 2007 at 7:46 am | Permalink

Congratulations!!! I’m excited for the two of you to get to experience this stage of life. You’ll learn a lot more about love!

37. Erik
    Posted April 2, 2007 at 4:13 pm | Permalink

Have you been playing music for the little one yet?

38. Posted April 2, 2007 at 4:22 pm | Permalink

I’ve been singing a little.

Aside from that, we’ve heard that any music you can hear in the room you’re in, the baby can probably also hear. In fact, the old headphones-on-the-belly tactic might actually be overkill for babies’ ears. So the Baby has been listening to all kinds of things, because we have too.

I hope Baby likes Beck. 🙂

39. Posted April 2, 2007 at 7:13 pm | Permalink

AWESOME! Congratulations!

40. Care
    Posted April 4, 2007 at 5:35 pm | Permalink

HOORAY! I am so happy for you and Steph!!! What beautiful news!!!