Apple != Mac

Apple is the company that makes the computer known as the Mac. The company is not called “Mac.” Thus:

– You cannot “order a computer from Mac.”
– You cannot “call Mac” about your recent order.
– You cannot hear about “what Mac just announced.”
– You cannot “watch Mac’s stock price.”

Please, call us Apple.

That is all.

Posted April 19, 2007 at 9:08 am | Permalink

So when did Mac change their name!?! Did they merge with Microsoft or something?

2. Ramon
    Posted April 21, 2007 at 11:47 am | Permalink

I totally bit off the head of some poor Jamba Juice girl once over this. She saw my sweater and said with a smile “Oh! You work for Mac?” to which I replied with a very offended tone. “NO! I work for Apple. The name of the company is not Mac. It’s like me asking you if you work for Razzamataz smoothie.”

Oh well. 🙂

3. Posted April 21, 2007 at 7:37 pm | Permalink

Is there anyone who works for Apple named Mac? Because then you could call Mac about your recent order, or hear what Mac just announced or even order a computer from Mac. Although, I don’t know how Mac would feel about people watching his stock prices. He may want to keep those private.

4. Aimee
    Posted April 24, 2007 at 6:27 pm | Permalink

OMG! I totally hate that!
    So, working at an Apple store, in a mall, I realized that we’re making progress here.
    We’ve gone from being called “the iPod store” to “the Mac store”. At least it’s a step in the right direction.
    Maybe this Summer we’ll be “the iPhone store”. I’m gonna start spreading that one myself. See if it catches on. Maybe even start writing checks to the iPhone store like the people who have written checks to the Mac store. (Yes, they really do write the checks that way….)

One last thing. It’s Apple, Inc. NOT Apple Computer, and never has been “Apple Computers”. The people who work on main campus who write their signatures as such should be fired. Maybe even fined for each offense.

5. Posted May 13, 2007 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

But you can buy iPod from Apple and connect it to Mac from Apple. I would say Apple->Mac

6. Posted May 13, 2007 at 11:01 pm | Permalink